(1) Vat Indigo blue 94% granular
- It is dark blue in color. It is insoluble in water and organic solvents, i.e., aether and ethanol. But, it is soluble in phthalic anhydride and aniline.
- Its appearance is dark blue uniform granule.
- It is used to dye cotton fiber. Indigo blue is used to make “cowboy” type clothes.
- It can be used to dye white and longitudinal yarn interweaving; it can be used with sulfurated coloring matter.
- It is widely used in food colouring matter as well as biochemistry.
(2) Vat Indigo Blue 60% Grains
- For effortless/ready use, the reduced vat indigo blue 60% grains (above) can be used.